About the Thought Leadership Council
The Thought Leadership Council is a peer group made up of the Sales Management Association’s most senior practitioner members. Council members set the association’s research priorities, participate in its research initiatives, benefit from exclusive access to research findings, and share best practices within the group. There is no cost for membership; the council exists to support objective, relevant research not associated with a commercial offering (such as training or consulting services).
Apply for membership, or respond to a membership invitation, here.
Council Membership Benefits
- Influence the agenda. Council members establish the Sales Management Association’s research priorities each year.
- Exclusive access. Council members will get exclusive access to research reports, supporting exhibits, slide presentation assets, and other deliverables created from Council research initiatives.
- Early insights. Council members get summary insights of our latest research findings before they are shared with our general membership or the public.
- Sales Management Competency Framework. Council members may access the Sales Management Association’s Sales Management Competency Framework for use in their organizations. The framework will be among the first research deliverables created from Council input, and is slated for completion in January 2016.
- Speaking opportunities. We’ll extend speaking invitations and call-for-presentation requests to Council members before the general membership.
- Conference savings. Council members may attend our annual conference at a highly-discounted rate.
- Group benefits. We’ll provide Council members with highly discounted group membership rates for their organizations. Where appropriate, we’ll also develop and make available other Council benefits.
Waived Sales Management Association annual membership fee.
Council membership is by invitation by the Sales Management Association, and is also available for qualified practitioners who apply.
The Council is made up entirely of practicing managers in sales leadership and sales operations, sales enablement, and other sales effectiveness disciplines. Individuals employed by firms that market goods or services to our audience are not eligible to participate.
Fees and Members’ Commitment
There is no cost to join the Sales Leadership Council. Council membership is for a renewable term of one year.
Members are asked to commit to participation in multiple research initiatives throughout the year. These include:
- Five brief internet surveys, of 12-minutes in length on average
- One longer survey of about 20 minutes
- Availability for a telephone discussion related to up to two research initiatives (these are usually 15 minutes in duration).
A council member’s commitment is approximately two hours of time spread over the period of 12 months.
All data collected from council members is treated with the utmost confidence, and without your express permission is never reported or shared, except as part of aggregate findings.