Sales Analytics Capabilities
Sales organizations include managers who must make decisions, and analytics support professionals with access to data and an understanding of how to investigate them. What is often missing is the link between the two in the form of reporting tools, provided in a format accessible and understandable for managers, that reflect relevant and timely insights.
This research explores how sales analytics are currently used to support sales leadership decision making. It identifies gaps between sales management needs and routinely available reporting output, and explores emerging analytics capabilities such as cognitive analysis.
Topics addressed include
- Sales analytics practices within business to business sales organizations
- Factors that support effective use of analytics
- Management’s critical issues and improvement priorities
- Emerging capabilities associated with effective advanced sales analytics
- Sales analytics' impact on firm performance
- Technology trends and ROI
Condition of Participation
Research participants are asked to complete an online survey lasting approximately 12 minutes, and may optionally elect to participate in a brief telephone follow-up interview.
The study is open to management practitioners responsible for developing, supporting, or managing a sales force. Target participants are involved in planning, sales effectiveness, executive sales leadership, or strategy in their organizations.
Benefits of Participation
- A copy of the findings report on this research topic
- An invitation to a Sales Management Association webcast in which summary findings are presented to our audience, in early 2017
Research closes in February 2017
Research report publishes in March 2017
Survey results are only reported in aggregate, and never in a way that would compromise the identity of any single respondent. All individual respondent data are treated with strict confidentiality, and will not be distributed.
This research is made possible in part through the underwriting support of IBM AnalyticsTake the survey