Onboarding programs deliver learning and development resources to new salespeople in an effort to speed time-to-productivity. This study examines sales onboarding practices in business-to-business firms. Research focus areas include:
- Onboarding program best practices
- Emerging trends and metrics in onboarding approaches
- Onboarding program impact on time-to-productivity for new hires
- Effective approaches for addressing common onboarding program challenges
Condition of Participation
Research participants are asked to complete an online survey lasting approximately 12 minutes, and may optionally elect to participate in a brief telephone follow-up interview.
The study is open to management practitioners responsible for developing, supporting, or managing a sales force of six or more salespeople, in a firm with annual revenues of at least US$1 million. Target participants are involved in learning and development, sales effectiveness, sales leadership, or learning strategy in their organizations.
Benefits of Participation
- A copy of the report on this research topic
- An invitation to a Sales Management Association webcast in which summary findings are presented to our audience, in May 2018.
Research closes 1 May 2018.
Research report is expected to publish 15 May 2018.
Survey results are only reported in aggregate, and never in a way that would compromise the identity of any single respondent. All individual respondent data are treated with strict confidentiality, and will not be distributed.
This research is made possible in part through the underwriting support of?Qstream.