Dave Stein lays down five fundamental rights for salespeople and their first-line managers. It's a post worth reading if you're serious about providing quality training to your sales organization.
"You have the right to be:
- Assessed for your individual strengths and weaknesses,
- Educated and trained in areas where you need improvement in ways you learn most effectively and efficiently,
- Provided with the tools and support to sell,
- Sent back into the field with improved selling capabilities, no matter how much experience you have, and
- Be coached and provided with ongoing reinforcement to sustain that improvement."