In this module, you’ll learn the purpose of sales job descriptions, and the benefits of using them. We’ll review best practices in job description development, and offer a recommended job description format. Lastly, we’ll show how job descriptions can be integrated into other important management processes within the sales organization.
We recommend that you also review the Sales Management Association’s job description library, which has many examples of sales job descriptions written to the standards and utilizing the approaches outlined in this module.
This course module includes two videos totaling about 20 minutes, a module transcript, and a brief knowledge check quiz. This is an on-demand, self paced short course.
Certificate of Completion
Learners that score 100% on the knowledge check quizzes are provided with a certificate of completion for this course module, and may use the completed course to satisfy Sales Management Association certification program requirements.
Course Fees and Requirements
There are no prerequisites for this course. Course fees are based on SMA membership level.
- Members at the Corporate, Individual, and Associate membership level may enroll in the course at no cost.
- Non members and Basic members may purchase this course for US$60.00.
How to Enroll
- Login with your SMA member credentials and click “Enroll” at the top of this page.
- If you don’t have a login for this site, and you would like to purchase this course, create a free Basic membership at this link, then return here and click “Enroll” at the top of this page.
- We’ll process your enrollment request in a few minutes and send you an email with course access instructions.