Salesperson Assignments and Territory Design
Log in to enroll
This module addresses how management assigns salesperson responsibilities in covering customers, prospects, and markets. This management discipline is often referred to as simply territory management, or territory optimization (even if salesperson assignments are not geographically dependent).
We address territory management from the firm’s perspective, as a resource allocation problem involving the sales force’s most important assets – its salespeople. When territories and assignments are effectively allocated, they serve as the foundation for all the firm’s sales performance management efforts.
This course module includes two videos totaling about 20 minutes, a module transcript, and one brief knowledge check quiz. This is an on-demand, self paced short course.
Certificate of Completion
Learners that score 100% on the knowledge check quizzes are provided with a certificate of completion for this course module, and may use the completed course to satisfy Sales Management Association certification program requirements.
Course Fees and Requirements
There are no prerequisites for this course. Course fees are based on SMA membership level.
- Members at the Corporate, Individual, and Associate membership level may enroll in the course at no cost.
- Non members and Basic members may purchase this course for US$60.00.
How to Enroll
- Login with your SMA member credentials and click “Enroll” at the top of this page.
- If you don’t have a login for this site, and you would like to purchase this course, create a free Basic membership at this link, then return here and click “Enroll” at the top of this page.
- We’ll process your enrollment request in a few minutes and send you an email with course access instructions.