Sales managers are essential in any organization. Yet in selecting and managing sales managers, many firms fall far short -- and in fact repeat the same costly mistakes that continually undermine sales managers' effectiveness. Leveraging an analysis of more than 500 companies' compensation and performance management practices, presenters Alan Benson and Erik Charles debunk common myths in hiring, managing, and retaining great sales managers.
- How to leverage sales big data to find the best internal candidates for sales management positions
- How often the best managers churn their new reps -- and how to know whether they are focusing on the best reps, or bring up the worst performers
- How to retain top performers -- both managers and reps
- How to structure compensation plans to maximize the productivity and potential of sales managers
- How to benchmark their own data against this real-world data set to improve internal processes, incentive initiatives and company performance.