Sales process is widely acknowledged as an important feature of a productive sales system, sales process discipline varies widely across firms. This research examines how large business-to-business sales forces are using defined sales processes, their impact on firm performance, and factors contributing to sales process adoption and effectiveness.
Specific areas of focus for this research include:
- The impact of sales process on sales and profit performance
- Adoption and use of various sales process by sales organizations
- Best practices in sales process implementation
- Rates of compliance with company policy towards sales process adherence
- Key obstacles that prevent sales process implementation and adoption