Fundamentals of Sales Territory Optimization and Management
Well designed and managed sales territories allow firms to maximize sales force capacity, provide a foundation for other sales performance management activities (including incentive compensation and quota design), and have a host of other benefits to sales forces. This course reviews territory management principles, while focusing on the essential analytical frameworks and practices associated with sound territory design.
Sales Management Association Chairman Bob Kelly introduces the course
Who is this course for?
The course is intended for managers with responsibility for designing or administering sales territory assignments. These include sales leadership, sales operations, and other functions that may contribute to these decisions such as IT, finance, and operations.
What You'll Learn
- The fundamentals of sales territory management, and its importance and benefits to the firm.
- Key concepts essential to sales productivity and efforts to optimize sales territories. These include workload, capacity, and potential.
- Analytical foundations important to territory management. These include exploring multi-objective optimization (MOO), as well as approaches for normalizing and predicting sales performance, developing sales response curves, and the efficient frontier concept.
- Territory management's place in the broader sales planning and sales performance management efforts.
- Insight into current practice and practical approaches to territory management in leading firms.
- An intermediate proficiency in Excel
- Exposure to sales operations and sales performance management
This and future Sales Management Association professional development courses are free for group members (those with "Corporate" or "Team" accounts). Fees for other member types:
- Individual members: US$295.00
- Basic members (or non members): US 795.00 (includes a one-year individual membership)