Join researcher and author Michelle Vazzana as she shares the failures, successes, and insights from three companies that recently implemented hugely successful sales coaching programs. Learn more.
WebcastAssessing Sales Compensation Plan Effectiveness
June 14, 2013
This practical, high-impact discussion offers approaches for gauging sales compensation plan effectiveness, and guidelines for identifying potential plan improvements. Topics addressed include:
- Key Do's and Dont's for Assessing Plan Effectiveness
- Core Plan Effectiveness Metrics to Utilize
- Warning Signs to Look For
Presented by Shawn Rossi, North American Practice Leader, Sales Performance, Mercer
WebcastResearch Update: Managing Sales Force Change
June 11, 2013
Managing large-scale change initiatives is a priority for most sales organizations. In fact, the prevalence and intensity of change in the sales force means that sales leaders must be among the most adept change managers in the organization. In this Research Update, we review findings from The Sales Management Association’s recent research initiative, “Managing Sales Force Change.”
This research focuses on the management of change initiatives in business-to-business sales organizations. Areas of inquiry include: the frequency and intensity of sales force change; expected amount of future change; organizational tolerance for additional change; gauging support for sales organization change among executive leadership, management, and salespeople; what is changing in sales forces; how change is managed; and organizational competency/effectiveness in implementing sales force change.
Research findings are presented by Sales Management Association Chairman Bob Kelly, with commentary from an expert panel including Bruce Jackson, Iconixx Software President and COO; Dario Priolo, Chief Strategy Officer at Richardson; and Amanda Wilson, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Qvidian.
WebcastBuilding a Winning Sales Management Team: The Force Behind the Force
June 06, 2013
Would you rather have excellent salespeople with an average sales manager, or average salespeople with an excellent sales manager? Research suggests there is a clear answer - if your focus is on sustained high performance.
This webinar combines concepts and strategies from ZS Associates’ recent book, Building a Winning Sales Management Team: The Force Behind the Force, with Forum’s research and frameworks on leadership and sales effectiveness.
Join the discussion as we:
- Outline the sales manager’s three main roles
- Identify the leadership challenges of the first-line sales leader
- Provide a three step process for defining and implementing the right sales manager role at your organization
- Name the development priorities sales managers need to make the jump from salesperson to manager
Speakers: Andrew Shapiro, Vice President, Regional Sales Director at the Forum Corporation, and Tony Yeung, Associate Principal at ZS Associates.
WebcastMobile Sales Enablement: What Sales Operations Needs to Know
May 31, 2013
The rapid adoption of mobile devices has sales and marketing leaders reinventing how they go to market. Many sales operations departments are embracing mobile in the effort to enable sales organizations. In this webcast, we examine how sales operations can utilize mobile technology to increase win rates, improve sales force productivity, support adoption of existing technologies (like CRM), and enhance sales training effectiveness.
Presented by Mutual Mobile's Sam Gaddis, Chief Marketing Officer, and Mike Nowlin, Engagement Manager.
WebcastHelping Your Sales Force Break Through the Status Quo Barrier
May 30, 2013
Your biggest competitor is not who you think it is.
When 60% of sales are lost to no decision, moving customers off the status quo is key to increasing sales effectiveness and closing more business.
Join the Sales Management Association for this Brainshark-sponsored webinar featuring Tim Riesterer, Chief Strategist and CMO, Corporate Visions. Learn how to turn your marketing messages and sales conversations into compelling stories that engage your prospects and customers, resulting in better sales conversations that break through the status quo barrier, get prospects to want to do something different, and do it with you.
Mike Sitter, Director of Sales Effectiveness, CenturyLink Business Solutions, a Brainshark customer, describes how he partnered with Marketing to create and deploy compelling content and train Sales people to deliver it so that it adds value to the conversation, engages prospects and customers and moves the sale cycle forward.
- Tim Riesterer, Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer, Corporate Visions
- Mike Sitter, Director of Sales Effectiveness, CenturyLink Business Solutions
WebcastResearch Update: Developing Sales Managers
May 10, 2013
Sales manager effectiveness contributes mightily to overall sales force productivity, yet many firms are unsure how to develop sales manager talent. This Sales Management Association webcast summarizes results from a recently concluded Research Initiative examining how firms make sales manager training and development investments. Presented by Sales Management Association Chairman Bob Kelly and Kurt Theriault from research underwriter Business Efficacy.
- Return on sales manager training investments
- New hire vs. tenured manager training differences
- Key training and development priorities
- Sales manager bench strength practices
- Trends in outside hiring vs. internal candidate development for sales manager positions
WebcastResearch Update: Annual Sales Meetings – Best Practices in Preparation and Planning
May 07, 2013
For the sales organization, the annual sales meeting can be invaluable for communicating strategic priorities and setting the tone for yearly expectations. This Sales Management Association Research Update examines findings from a recently concluded Research Initiative on examining how large organizations plan for effective annual sales meetings. It provides insight into meeting planning best practices, including meeting objectives, themes, and overall meeting effectiveness.
Presented by Sales Management Association Chairman Bob Kelly, with commentary and insight from Symmetrics Group’s Michael Perla.
WebcastOptimizing Sales Proposals and Quoting
May 06, 2013
Technology is enabling new approaches to streamlining sales proposal and quoting processes for sales organizations. This webcast offers instructive insights for firms working to improve proposal and quoting effectiveness.
Key topics include a review of:
- Technology’s role in enabling productivity
- The impact of improved management control
- Important process considerations for organizing initiatives
- Best practices for proposal and quoting management and
- New approaches for gauging proposal effectiveness
- Of special interest are findings that suggest strong ROI on initiatives to streamline proposal and quoting – including higher lead conversion rates, reduced cycle times, margin enhancement, improvements in cross-selling and up-selling, and greatly reduced errors.
Webcast speakers offer quick-to-implement recommendations for overall proposal effectiveness.
Presented by CallidusCloud.
WebcastReplicating Top Performers’ Sales Success
April 24, 2013
Sales organizations that replicate their top performers’ strengths establish effective practices throughout their sales organization. This webcast focuses on how to identify teachable traits embodied by your best salespeople, and how to promote those traits throughout your organization using tools and technology.
Presented by TinderBox and their client, Advisa, this webcast details how sales organizations can map top performers’ attributes, drive adoption of best-practices, and calibrate support investments to drive sales organization productivity.
- Better understanding the makeup of your top performers
- Creating processes that support top performers and scale their habits
- Mapping technology to process, while providing real-time feedback to your sales team
Brian McKay, Sales Management & Effectiveness Consultant at Advisa
Lauren Weatherall, Senior Marketing Manager at TinderBox
WebcastOptimizing Sales Territories: Best Practice Planning Approaches
April 18, 2013
Productive sales forces ensure their salespeople are both effective and efficient. That includes focusing sellers on spending the right amount of time with the right opportunities, doing the right tasks. Achieving the optimal balance of salesperson impact and efficiency requires well calibrated planning and support. This Sales Management Association webcast examines key aspects of sales territory optimization and planning, including ways organizations should support effective selling.
- Designing territories that allow salespeople to address more opportunity in the same amount of time
- Optimizing your sales force’s target account touches
- Optimally sizing the sales force
- Creating and implementing high-impact territory plans
- Key ingredients of a successful sales plan
- Best practices for turning strategy into action
- Empowering execution
Presented by Ken Kramer, Executive Director, Sales and Marketing, TerrAlign; and Ron Snyder, President of Breakthrough, Inc. and Plan2Win Software