Few problems are as vexing to sales management than the pipeline – the backlog of sales opportunities, at various stages of realization, that represent expected future results. Tracking, assessing, and prioritizing the opportunity pipeline is integral to managing what ultimately exits it, and becomes a realized sale.
Sales Management Association’s research on pipeline management suggests sales forces spend substantial amounts of time on managing pipelines, but most consider their efforts ineffective.
This session focuses on pipeline management best practices, and offers guidance on how to:
- Assess sales pipeline health
- Calculate each salesperson’s proper pipeline size
- Manage pipeline “shape” and contents
- Conduct efficient and effective pipeline reviews
- Use pipeline review meetings as coaching opportunities
- Keep deals moving through the pipeline until they become wins