Too often companies approach strategic changes -- like implementing solution selling, or cutting sales costs -- with tactical approaches, such as changing commission rates or quotas. In contrast, top-performing companies continually adjust their organization and its talent through strategically-driven workforce planning.
When applied to the sales force, workforce planning incorporates considerations unlike those for other functions or roles. These include answers to questions such as:
- What markets are you entering?
- How much turnover is occurring?
- Where do you recruit your best talent?
- What is the ramp-up time for new sales resources?
- How many sales support or technical sales people are required for every account manager?
This session outlines a workforce planning blueprint to help your sales force deliver on goals many years into the future.